Tax Director/Operations Leader
Milestone Financial Planning, LLC, is a rapidly growing, fee-only, tech-savvy financial planning firm located in New Hampshire. Our clients, located throughout the United States, rely on us to provide comprehensive finance and retirement planning services with an emphasis on tax planning. We are a team of nine professionals who value the impact of doing meaningful work for our clients while maintaining a work/life balance. Milestone is a Certified B Corporation that has met the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
Our operations team is currently responsible for client service & support; quarterly performance reporting; special projects; administrative support and office space management.
- Bachelors’ degree.
- Master’s Degree in Accountancy or Taxation a plus.
- Must possess a keen eye for detail and a knack for processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate above average time management and organizational skills.
- Team player.
3+ years personal income tax preparation experience desired.
Prior experience with any of our technology helpful:
- Supervise and review tax returns prepared by Planning Associates using Lacerte tax software.
- Work with clients to efile tax returns; manage all aspects of the tax filing process (currently 100 tax returns).
- Train advisors and planning associates on tax issues during the year.
- Train planning associates on tax planning for existing financial management clients during the year.
- Update and expand existing compliance policies; prepare for any SEC audits; develop and implement compliance testing.
- Document all policies & results of testing.
- Train staff annually on polices.
- Train, supervise and guide operations team.
- Guide and collaborate with outside vendors, including outsourced IT company, marketing director, and compliance consultant.
- Path for professional growth, customized for you to include tuition reimbursement, CFP course reimbursement, and company paid continuing education and membership in professional organizations.
- 401(k) plan with match.
- Subsidized health, dental and disability insurance.
- Generous time-off policy including vacation time, sick leave, and parental leave.
- Positive, family first culture and flexible work environment.
- Top notch technology and equipment.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience. Company based bonus structure.
Milestone Financial Planning, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is based upon qualifications, merit, and business need. We encourage applications from those who share our commitment to promoting a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive community.
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter.