What will happen to your family financially if you die? It is usually unnecessary to own complicated, expensive insurance products. That being said, it is usually crucial for most families to have significant term life insurance in place. Our financial advisor will work with you and your insurance agent to put in place cost-effective life insurance that will protect your family.
Are you or your parents prepared for long-term care costs? These costs are not covered by health insurance or Medicare.
If you own a small business, do you have a written buy/sell agreement, and is it funded? The easiest way to fund such agreements is usually through life insurance and/or corporate owned disability insurance.
Common mistakes we see in this area include:
- People with limited cash flow owning whole life insurance policies instead of term
- Not having enough term life insurance on the breadwinner
- Not funding the buy/sell agreement for your business
- Not thinking you need a buy/sell agreement for your business
- Not considering the impact of long-term care costs on your future
- Not having long-term disability insurance that covers your future cash needs
- Paying for disability insurance premiums as before-tax payroll deduction, making any benefits taxable
At Milestone Financial Planning, you will work directly with one of our CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioners and be supported by our entire team. Our team has a fiduciary responsibility to our clients. We incorporate expert tax advice into our financial planning, as taxes are an integral part of any financial planning decision. This is an important distinction between our service offering and what other advisors may offer. We also coordinate your plan with your other advisors – estate planning attorneys, insurance agents, CPAs, etc.